Archive for January, 2013»
Within the last month, how guns save lives:
- RIT Students Accosted By Gunmen In Their Home
- War Veteran Pulls Gun on Burglar
- Boy used ‘assault rifle’ to save sister from criminal home invaders
- ‘Shoot him again!’ husband tells wife hiding from home intruder
- Everett man fires gun to scare man threatening woman
- Passerby with concealed carry in Wisconsin saves woman’s life
H/T from Facebook friends Stuart, Greg and Ken.
A City Councilman tries to infringe on man’s 2nd Amendment rights and walks out of council meeting because the man was carrying.
From Oak Harbor! H/T Greg!
Government gun control has been the topic of debate in recent months. But government ‘protection’ has resulted in MILLIONS of deaths every year.
From the January 10th broadcast of the Mark Levin show:
Mark talks about DDT and what happened when the EPA got involved and banned DDT despite the positive effects of it. They came in and banned it and did more harm than good. (Since 1999, over 38,000,000 people have died from malaria.) The same thing with the CAFE standards that the federal government is imposing – making people less safe in their cars. (How many of the annual 42,000 traffic fatalities are the result of CAFE standards?) These are just a few major examples of the politicians thinking they know what they’re doing when it comes to regulating and controlling the individual and the individual’s rights, and it having a very serious and disastrous effect. The push against the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with the mass murders that have taken place, but rather it is the statists, the government and the media wanting to push their own agenda. Read more »
This guy points out that over the last 20 years, the violent crime rate in the US has decreased by 50%. See this chart from the FBI. Currently, the rate is 386/100K. The rate is double where the population is greater than 250K compared to the overall rate.
* U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000
Let’s remove a few zeros and pretend it’s a household budget:
Read more »