Archive for November, 2011»
Are you still getting your news and information from mainstream outlets? Do you still believe that if you hear it on ABC, NBC, CBS or read it in a newspaper then it must be true? Do you know anyone who is still not convinced that the Mass Propaganda Machine (MPM) does not exist? If so, sit them down to watch this must see video. Whittle breaks it down and lays it out for all to see.
Hat tip to Powerline:
Filmmaker Evan Coyne Maloney took a walk through Zuccotti Park and played a quiz game with a number of Occupiers. He put together this entertaining video of the occasion. In general, his interactions with the Occupiers were remarkably cordial, and it appears that some of them learned a few things. My favorite moment involves the guy who admires Che Guevara and says he sometimes goes by the name “Che,” but doesn’t look like he would fare very well in a Colombian jungle. (Then again, neither did Che.) Anyway, here is the video.
Liberals have the idea that women and black men are just like them, liberal. The left went ballistic over Sarah Palin, a conservative woman, and likewise over Clarence Thomas and Herman Cain, conservative black men. Unable to discuss the issues, liberals resort to name-calling.
Remember the violent and disgusting demonstrations over Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker doing away with collective bargaining for Teachers unions? The results are in. Some school districts went from a $400,000 deficit to a $1,500,000 surplus as a result. They are even hiring new teachers, not firing like the Liberals said would happen. Why? Read more »
- You can’t have socialism in just one country because the capital will move to countries with capitalism. This is what happened to France in the 1980’s when so many industries were nationalized. Capital fled to Britain and the US.
- The European Union standardized work rules, maximizing amount of vacation, minimizing the number of hours worked, firing standards and so on. As a result, 80% of new jobs created in the western world between the Reagan and Obama administrations went to the US.
- A study was done which tracked the poorest 20% in 1990 and again in 2000. 17% of the poorest 20% were still poor, but 18% were in the top 20%. The rest fell somewhere in between. Upward mobility is alive and well in the US! Not so in Europe where it is based upon government policies rather than individual initiative.
- Obama wants to adopt the European system, the consequences of which mean no economic growth.
- We need to reverse the expansion of entitlements (50M Americans are on foodstamps!) and vote Obama out of office in 2012!
As the holidays approach, the giant Asian factories are kicking into high gear to provide Americans with monstrous piles of cheaply produced goods — merchandise that has been produced at the expense of American labor. This year will be different. This year Americans will give the gift of genuine concern for other Americans. There is no longer an excuse that, at gift giving time, nothing can be found that is produced by American hands. Yes there is! Read more »
November 17th: 6:30 PM
Art Coday: Clinical evaluation of the health of health care in America
Innis Arden Clubhouse
1430 NW 188th
Shoreline, WA 98177
Join Dr. Art Coday and the Shoreline Caucus for a clinical evaluation of the health of health care in America. Is the current health care system sick? What is the diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis? If Obama Care were to be repealed, what should replace it? Come hear Dr. Art Coday’s presentation, “New Vision of Healthcare in America.”
Join us for a glimpse at what is ailing health care and what we can do about it. Be part of the cure, not part of the disease!
Dr. Coday is a general practitioner from Lynnwood, WA who does home visits. Most of his patients are Medicare and Medicaid participants. His undergraduate degree is from the University of Washington and his medical degree is from Harvard. In addition to clinical practice he has also spent several years in medical research.
Also please save Thursday, December 15th for the Shoreline Caucus Christmas Party! We’ve done this for the past couple of years, and it’s always a great time with fellow conservatives – great food, great company, and holiday cheer. State GOP Chairman and talk show host Kirby Wilbur will be our special guest!