Archive for May, 2011»
Take this Quiz to find out. You’ll be asked just 10 easy questions, and then it instantly tells you where you stand politically. It shows your position as a red dot on a “political map” so you’ll see exactly where you score.
The most interesting thing about the Quiz is that it goes beyond the Democrat, Republican, and Independent.
This is a trailer for a full-length feature documentary about a program to honor WWII vets.
The documentary is due to be released in November of this year. It is worth a couple of minutes to view this.
They are trying to get 50,000 views before Memorial Day. You need to view the whole thing to be counted. (Only 2 minutes.)
What are the arguments for government intervention in Internet bandwidth allocations?
From the Canada Free Press:
If George Soros isn’t the world’s preeminent “malignant messianic narcissist,” he’ll do until the real thing comes along. Move over, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot. There’s a new kid on the block.
What we have in Soros, is a multi-billionaire atheist, with skewed moral values, and a sociopath’s lack of conscience. He considers himself to be a world class philosopher, despises capitalism, and just loves social engineering.
Soros is a real life version of Dr. Evil—with Obama in the role of Mini-Me. Which is not as humorous as it might at first sound. In fact, it’s bone-deep chilling.
Here is a speech delivered by Churchill in 1899 when he was a young soldier and journalist. It probably sets out the current views of many but expressed in the wonderful Churchillian turn of phrase and use of the English language, of which he was a past master. Sir Winston Churchill was, without doubt, one of the greatest men of the late 19th and 20th centuries. He was a brave young soldier, a brilliant journalist, an extraordinary politician and statesman, a Great War leader and Prime Minister, to whom the Western world must be forever in debt. He was a prophet in his own time; He died on 24 January 1965, at the grand old age of 90 and, after a lifetime of service to his country, was accorded a State funeral. Read more »
“The borders of Israel and Palestine should be based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps.” Barack Obama, May 19, 2011
Dear President Obama,
I am writing today with a somewhat unusual request. First and foremost, I will be asking that you return America to its August 20th, 1959 borders so that Hawaii is no longer a state and you are no longer a citizen.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
The Shoreline Caucus is gearing up for a new electoral season, and we’ve lined up some great speakers for our next meetings. So, please join us for some good conservative fellowship, great refreshments, and inspiring speakers at our upcoming meetings! Be sure to come at 6:30 for conversation and refreshments before the meetings begin.
Thursday, May 19th, 7 PM
James Watkins, candidate for the 1st Congressional District
As you know, James Watkins ran a very strong campaign against Jay Inslee in the last election. James has announced his candidacy for this seat in the 2012 election, and will be speaking this evening on how we can reach out to non-traditional Republican voters. James is a great speaker, so please come and show your support for his campaign to move this congressional seat to the conservative side of the aisle. Read more »
The following is excerpted from an article in American Spectator by Peter Ferrara, May 4. Good points include:
1) …the dollar amount of oil profits is high because the oil companies invest such huge amounts to produce oil. As a return on investment or sales, oil profits are modest. While ExxonMobile and the other oil companies earn about 7% on sales, respected public citizens such as Google, Microsoft, and McDonald’s regularly earn 20% or more. (“Greedy” insurance companies were also demonized during the Healthcare debate; profits barely exceeded 2 percent of revenues.)
2) Moreover, the fundamental truth is that the government doesn’t subsidize oil companies. Oil companies subsidize the government. ExxonMobile alone pays more in income taxes than the bottom 50% of income earning citizens combined. In 2008 alone, ExxonMobile paid $116.2 billion in taxes. The effective corporate tax rate for all oil companies in 2008 was 42.3%. (So, we can conclude that the Government is the biggest beneficiary of oil profits, as well as many of our 401K accounts.)
Below are the actual voting records of various Arabic/Islamic States which are recorded in both the US State Department and United Nations records:
- Kuwait votes against the United States 67% of the time
- Qatar votes against the United States 67% of the time
- Morocco votes against the United States 70% of the time
- United Arab Emirates votes against the U. S. 70% of the time.
- Jordan votes against the United States 71% of the time.
- Tunisia votes against the United States 71% of the time.
- Saudi Arabia votes against the United States 73% of the time.
- Yemen votes against the United States 74% of the time. Read more »